Monday, December 27, 2010

No Ba Humbug For Us!

First I will start off by saying how nice it has been to take a break from everything over the past few days and enjoy some family time. This wasn't Jackson's first Christmas, but it may as well have been. He was only 5 months old for his first and not able to enjoy much. He was also very cranky and I missed most of the festivities because he had to be put to bed. This year was a completely different story! He is 17 months old now and enjoying playing with all kinds of things. He has really come alive in the past few weeks and I was so excited to see what he would be like with all his presents.

Now, if you have read any of my previous posts you might remember me mentioning something about Jackson being a particular little boy who doesn't do well off his schedule, if he misses a nap or has to sleep somewhere besides a pack and play in a dark room or his own bed. I was more optimistic this year because he has eased up on some of this peculiarities, but I still didn't know how he would do being around big crowds of people.

I always look forward to this time of year because we have so many celebrations to attend. Christmas Eve afternoon we always go out to Jordan's parents to do our family celebration with them and exchange gifts. Jordan got some new button down shirts and ties along with some other things and I got a new set of stainless steel Paula Deen cookware! This year Jackson's Mimi got the boys both kitchens. Kitchens you might say? Even though my husband was a little iffy on the idea and said that I was turning Jackson into a great housewife someday, he went along with it.
Kitchens are great at this age because they have so many buttons to push and doors to open. Boys don't know that it is something that girls usually get!

(Sorry for the poor image quality, most of these were taken with my iPhone because I am a lousy picture taker and I am a mom of a very active toddler)

 
 
After we opened presents with Jordan's parents and brother and his family, we went to his grandparents for the big celebration. We always play dirty Santa and have fun being together as a family. Jackson spent most of the night being held by his Poppy or playing with his trucks on the table. Overall he did great and I was so proud of him and the way he acted around everyone. He also did his fake laugh numerous times and danced around in the middle of everybody.
 
 
Jackson was really cranky when we left around 9 pm and didn't sleep well at all that night. He woke up bright and early on Christmas morning at 6 am! I wasn't surprised since that is always what time he wakes up. We all went in to the living room and had Christmas as a family of three and three Chihuahuas. I got a Paula Deen saute pan to go with my other set that I got from Jordan's parents. Jordan also got me a Perry the Platypus shirt and new a fan for our bedroom. I got him a Puma watch and a book for C.S. Lewis classics. Jackson got his new train table and set as well as a few other smaller things.
 
 
To Be Continued...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips