Sunday, March 20, 2011

Yard Sale and a Little Gardening

This weekend my friend Nicki and I decided to have a yard sale. I've been saving all this stuff in our attic and shed for the last few months and couldn't wait to get it out. I'm so thankful to Nicki because she did it at her house and ran it on Friday when I had to work. She really did most of the work! We had fun on Saturday despite the lack of customers and warm weather. I ended up selling all but 5 items, and those were small things. It feels so good to get rid of junk just in time for Spring!

The gardening part started yesterday around lunch. My parents live on 10 acres, and every year since I can remember my Dad has had a huge garden. A few years ago he built 20+ raised beds to make things a little easier. I haven't been as much help as I would have liked in the past few years because of having Jackson, but this year I plan to help a lot. I took Jackson out to their house yesterday and we started working the the garden. Jackson helped a lot and then played in the dirt like every boy should!
 The first thing we did was cut up potatoes and get the spot ready to plant.
Jackson took them out to my Dad to plant

Jackson watching Papa till the ground


Jackson and my Dad

By the end of the day we had carrots, broccoli, cabbage, radishes, potatoes and peas planted. I can't wait to have all this good food ready to eat

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips