Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Terrible Two's

I think we may have hit those dreaded terrible twos. The thrashing around, screaming and fit throwing days are upon us. Don't get me wrong, Jackson has always been able to throw a fit with the best of them, but the last week has been much worse. We've never had to discipline Jackson much, and we've definitely not had to do anything consistently.  I'm not opposed to spanking, but I don't think it will be our only form of punishment. (Otherwise I would be spanking him all the time)! I think we're going to try time out to see how that works. I think he will respond well to that since it will take him out of what he wants to be doing and make him sit until he calms down.

 A friend suggested we get a bean bag chair for our time out sessions. Jackson is a very animated and dramatic child, and this will keep him safe he so chooses to thrash around (not that he would ever do that). It might also help to calm him down because it comes up around his body and sort of hugs him. 

I'll take any advice I can get. I want to deal with this before it gets too bad, and find something that works for him. I hate that we're already to this stage of life, but I'm determined to make it fun.

What are some effective ways you've found to discipline?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips