Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where were you?

I think everyone remembers exactly where they were on September 11, 2001. I was in the 10th grade participating in Spanish week. We had probably just finished doing some rediculous dance or singing Eras Tu.

Mrs. Neilson came in and told us something had happened in New York and we were free to go to our next class. I think we spent the rest of the day watching the news and trying to figure out what happened.

I left school that day and realized the gas tank on my Jeep was on Empty. Unfortunately everyone else in town was getting gas too. So I waited in line for about an hour to get gas.

I remember being scared that night. Im not sure of what exactly, but I do remember looking out my window before bed half expecting there to be a terrorist outside. There was so much fear and uncertanty.

Whether your a fan of George W. Bush or not, you have to admit that he did a wonderful job reassuring and rallying the American people.

It's crazy to think back at this defining day. You have the way we were before September 11th and the way we were after. Other generations of people have had this same defining experience many times in their life, and I'm sure it won't be the last in my life.

I've read so many Twitter and Facebook posts today of people telling where they were when it happened. The most important thing to remember is that even in all the death and destruction we still have hope in Jesus Christ. No matter what pain or suffering we have to go through we still have the peace that God is in control of everything!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it seems like a different era pre-9/11. The one thing I remember most about the pre-9/11 world was being able to go through to the airport gates without a ticket - I used to love waiting for my older sister to walk off the plane from college. It all changed that day.

    Great post - I finally found the words to recall where I was that fateful day on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips