Monday, October 14, 2013

Good Dinner, Favorite Things to See Around my House

I've had a few random things on my mind to write about lately.
First, I found this rice at the grocery store the other day
I really like the taste of long-grain rice, and this looked pretty healthy. That is also a packet of Bourbon Spiced Pork seasoning. It's really meant for a pork loin, but I decided to use it for pork chops.

I had 8 thin cut pork chops, chopped up potatoes and carrots. I seasoned the pork chops with some of the seasoning mixed with brown sugar, and then I mixed the rest with orange juice and poured it over the pork chops, carrots and potatoes in a roasting pan. I baked that on 375 degrees, covered in foil for about 35 min. 

I pulled out a pack of the multi-grain rice medley, cooked it and served with the pork chops.


I loved how it turned out!

On to something totally random.

I have caught a few things on camera lately that I love to see around our house.

This was when Jordan came home for lunch the other day. I love to see them reading together. I struggle to enjoy reading, but Jordan loves it. I really hope he can pass that on to Jackson in the future.


Ava is also now big enough to sit at the bar by herself. I would rather she sit in her high chair most of the time, but she really wants to be as big as her brother. Her balance absolutely amazes me. She is really good control over her body. I can't believe how fast she is growing.


Jackson has two soccer games left in the season. He's getting better and more into it every time. Even when he acts like he doesn't really want to be out there, he still says he likes it afterwards, so I guess that's a good thing. I don't want to push him to do anything he doesn't want to do, but I would like for him to try all sorts of things to find something he really likes.

I hope you are all having a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. That picture of Jackson and Ava sitting at the counter is so cute! And I love seeing my husband read to my kiddos too.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips