Saturday, January 9, 2016

Goals

There is something about January that I love. I think it's the fresh start, clean slate idea that a new year brings. I'm not a big fan of resolutions, but it does always encourage me to evaluate and create some goals. I'm a box checker. I love being able to make a list and check something off after I've done it. One of my favorite blogs Biblical Homemaking, frequently lists goals of hers. She is a homeschooling momma of 6, and so I feel like we have a lot of the same goals. Sometimes it's weekly and sometime every few months, but I love how she reevaluates every so often. She has a great format for her goals that include Do, Read, Learn, Be. 

So, for my first (and hopefully more frequent) post of the new year I wanted to lay out some of my goals.

//do//
  • wake up by 7am and get things together before the kids get up and around. 
  • start our school day with bible time and memory work
  • wash, fold and put away 1 load of laundry per day
  • plan meals for the week and start prepping by 10am each day
  • organize the coat closet and linen closet upstairs
  • exercise at least 30 minutes each day- we also start p90x this week

//read//
  • our church is reading the Bible through this year, so I want to stay caught up on that
  • read another chapter in 'Give them Grace' and answer the question at the end (This is an amazing book by the way)

//learn//
//be//
  • be more gracious with my kids and a better example of the grace that Christ gives us
  • show more patience and love when disciplining 


I'm so excited to have goals written down and be ready to start the week. One of the reasons I'm back on the blog is because of the laptop my brother gave me for Christmas. We have a desktop computer downstairs, but I never wanted to stay down there and blog after everyone went to bed. Now, I can blog from our bedroom at night! It's good to be back--I hope I can make this more of a weekly thing. 
I'm also participating in A Bowl Full of Lemons 14 week organizing challenge. I've already done several areas of our house, but I can't wait to get everything decluttered and cleaned out.

2 comments:

  1. These are all great goals! You'll have to update us on them. I've heard so many good things about the workout you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These really are excellent goals. And I'd love to hear how your decluttering is going. It's always a challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips