Monday, January 5, 2009

Moving Along

Well even with Christmas and New Years, the last few weeks have been pretty uneventful. Well I say they were uneventful, I guess we were pretty busy but nothing to really take pictures at. We had a great Christmas. The plan was to spend the Saturday before Christmas with my parents because they were planning on leaving for Florida a few days later. Unfortunately my great-grandmother died a few days before and the visitation was on Saturday. We still did Christmas, but we didn't spend quite as much time with my family as I would have liked. We still had a lot of fun playing dirty santa and Singstar. My sister, brother-in-law, and 2 nephews also came home from Mississippi.


The next day, Sunday was the funeral. I was singing 2 songs, and then leading everyone in Amazing Grace. When I went to practice before the funeral there was also some family already there, including an aunt who is really just a hateful, mean, person. I had never really sang these hymns before, and so as I was practicing really quiet, after we got the sound down because there were already people coming into the chapel. She basically said that I was not capable of singing the songs loud enough, or leading Amazing Grace. She even asked the funeral director to come up and "help" me lead it. It made me a little mad, but I decided that I was going to go up there and sing so loud that they would have to turn down the microphone. That is exactly what I did. I decided that she is and old hateful woman, and if she wants to spend her life making other people feel like crap after their grandmother died then so be it. Anyway, that was my rant for the day.


I am 12.5 weeks along now, and I look like I am much further along. I have already started to wear maternity pants. I could get by without them, but my other pants are too uncomfortable.


I am actually enjoying looking pregnant now, at least people can tell! I am finally feeling pretty good, and enjoying eating. (Maybe a little too much :-) Iam not ready to start back to school, but I guess that is mainly because I am going to have to walk a long way in between 2 of my classes, and then walk all the way back across campus to my car. This will be my first semester at UCA. I have been on campus a lot with Jordan, but I just don't like the drive every day. Luckily this semester it is only Tuedays and Thursdays. I won't know about the other semesters, but I am hoping that it won't be too bad either.

I have an ultrasound on the 19th of January. There is a chance we might find out what it is it by then. I should also have a pretty good picture of it by then. I will post again when I have some more pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips