Friday, March 5, 2010

Home Renovations

We have recently started doing a little remodeling at our house. At the end of February we had lived there exactly 1 year. Last weekend we put ceramic tile in the kitchen, laundry room and pantry. This weekend we are laying hardwood floors in the living room and down the hall. I am so excited that it is finally getting done and so blessed to live in a house that we own and put our own style into. I can't wait to have this all done so I can clean and have everything back to normal. It will feel so good to have everything clean and ready for spring and summer. I know we are going to have so much fun and make lots of memories in our house.


With graduation looming over my head you would think that I'd be overjoyed and ready to finish school. I am happy about finally getting my degree, but I can't say I am completely ready to be out of school. I have however found a remedy to my problem...grad school. It couldn't be more perfect; this way I am able to still stay in school but also be furthering my education. It will only take me another year to finish, and I'm hoping by then I will be ready to graduate! I'm just not ready to get out and get a full time job right now. If we didn't have Jackson, things might be different, but I'm not ready for him to have to stay with someone 5 days a week. I am looking at possibly getting a job part time doing something that actually uses my degree. I am excited about this but trying not to get my hopes up. I will still finish grad school because it is mostly online, and it would be nice to have the extra money. In my perfect world, I would love to stay home with Jackson for a couple of years, have another baby and stay home with him/her for a few years and THEN start my career. I guess that is possible, but it will really delay us doing a few things that we would like to do in the next few years. My only other hope is that Jordan finds a job making about 20,000 more that what he does now. I can dream can't I? No matter what happens, I know that the Lord has a plan and that everything will work out for the best with His timing.


On the other hand, with all the stress of school and graduating, I do still have a beautiful, wonderful 7 1/2 month old boy! I can't believe how fast he is growing and changing. It seems like just yesterday he was so tiny. Well, actually he was 8 lbs, so he was never tiny. You get the picture though. He is sitting up really well now and playing with all his toys. He still won't stay on his stomach for more than a few seconds without getting upset. I'm not sure that he will ever crawl, I think he might just go straight to walking. He can roll over, but he really doesn't do that much either. He is a very content baby and he is happy to stay in one place and play with his toys for now. Everyone asks me if I am worried that he hasn't starting doing certain things yet, and I would be lying if I said that it wasn't in the back of my mind. However, I know that he will start to do things when he gets ready to do them. He is still being breastfed and we are progressing on his eating. He still does pureed things for now, and hasn't gotten the Pincer grasp down to grab other foods and put them in his mouth. He is not necessarily a picky eater, but he is picky about what goes in his mouth. He won't just pick up food and eat it yet. He is such an awesome little boy and is so happy all the time. I am so blessed to have a baby that plays, eats, and sleeps so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips