Saturday, April 17, 2010

Easter and Spring Happenings

So much has happened since I wrote last. For some reason I never can sit down and put my thoughts down on paper, or on digital paper I guess. I have so much running through my mind, it is hard for me to actually slow down and write it! But anyway, enough about my bad blogging skills :-)
We had a wonderful first Easter with Jackson. Holidays are always a little stressful because we both have large families who all like to get together and are close in proximity to Searcy. Every holiday both of our families have something that we would really like to be at, but we usually make it all work. First, we went to my grandma's and had lunch with my family. After that we left and went to Jordan's grandparents and had a late lunch there. We loved getting to see everyone and they loved getting to see Jackson.



Since then we have been able to spend a lot of time outside since we have had great weather. The pollen was horrible for a few weeks, but after we had a good rain it was much better. Jackson loves being outside in the grass. He seems to calm down everytime we even step outside, and I think he is really going to like doing all kinds of outdoor things like us!



Jackson also had his 9 month check up last week. He weighed in at 23 lbs 2 oz and 29 1/2 inches long. Since birth he has gained 15 lbs! He's getting really hard to carry around, and he is a little slow about doing things. He isn't crawling yet, although he's never had much interest in being on his stomach. He is trying to pull up on things, but he hasn't figured out how to loosen up his body and bend his knees. He has figured out how to roll to what he wants, and he will roll across the room if thats what it takes. He loves to jump though and will do that all day long. The doctor said he is right on schedule and will probably really get very mobile soon. Right now I am just happy that he is still generally in the same place as when I left him.
He is an awesome baby and I am so thankful for that. He never cries or really gets upset. He is sleeping great, and is a good napper. I couldn't have been blessed with a better baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips