Friday, August 20, 2010

Expecting

Ha Ha! Got you. NO, the title doesn't mean that I'm pregnant. Thankfully we're still another year or so away from that one. The title has to do with what Jordan and I are doing with our lives. We are trying to come to God every day expecting Him to do great things. One of the biggest problems I have is worry. Some how I can usually talk myself out of being worried and just say that I might have some anxiety about something. We have really been praying a lot about the next steps we need to take for our family, and we read a lot about how a lack of faith can hinder your blessings. So we decided that we were going to come to Him every day expecting something great. We are in a period of some change, and I started to get a little anxious; I opened up my bible to Psalm 116. I had made myself feel better about being a little "anxious" but not exactly worried. I read verse 11 where it says "In my anxiety I cry out to you". That just hit me in the face! I learned it's not any consolation to God to be anxious either, and we have to fully trust in Him that He will take care of us and do what is promised!

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips