Sunday, October 17, 2010

Camping Weather

I know I'm definitely not the first to say how hot it's been. I love Spring and Summer and really hate cold weather, but when it comes to the end of summer I am always ready for a little fall weather. I dread it getting cold out, but I love the smell of pumpkin spice candles and being able to decorate for fall.

Every year in October my dad's side of the family goes on a squirrel hunting trip. My dad has 8 other brothers and sisters, and this is something they started doing 30 years ago. It has turned into less of a squirrel hunt and more of just a camping trip in more recent years, but we all still have fun. This year we went to Dagmar WMA just outside of Brinkley. There is a bayou there that we were able to fish out of, and we mainly just sat around and talked while the kids went off into the woods to explore. I remember doing that when I was younger, and it gave me a sense of freedom. I was always taught how to be careful in the woods, not get lost and shoot a gun. I remember heading off into the woods with my cousins in search of the nearest creek or "tracking" some bear my cousin though he saw. I have some really great memories of this hunt.

I was so excited to be able to take Jackson this year and get him in on the fun! He will be 15 months old tomrrow, and while he wasn't able to sleep in the tent he had a great time being outside and getting really dirty.
Jackson in the motor home


Michael showing Jackson how to work the wheel


Jackson and his papa doing a head bump.
He LOVES his papa


Dad and Jackson going fishing


ROAR!!!!


Just relaxing




I am so thankful that I can now share some of the same experiences that I had as a child with my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips