Monday, January 31, 2011

Chicken Carbonara


 I just made the most wonderful Chicken Carbonara ever! I have never made this before but after looking at a few different recipes I developed one of my own.

1 package spaghetti (7 oz.)
5-8 slices of bacon
1/2 cup onion chopped
1tsp. garlic chopped
2 cups seasoned grilled chicken
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Frozen peas

Parmesan cheese and chicken not pictured
First season the chicken and grill it. Usually I grill outside but I got this new panini press for Christmas that also converts to an open grill
Start boiling the noodles. I never measure anything, I just threw some in.
While the noodles are boiling and the chicken is grilling, start the bacon frying. This made enough for 2-3 people, so you can adjust the amounts based on what you need
After the bacon has cooked drain off all but about 1 tbls of the grease and add some chopped onion and garlic.
When the onions and garlic have cooked about three minutes (enough for them to be tender) add the pasta, cooked and cut chicken, peas, whipping cream and parmesan cheese.
Let that cook on medium heat for a few minutes to let the flavors blend together.
Add the bacon and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my FAVORITE dishes, and I had lost my favorite recipe for it. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips