Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year

I can't believe it's already the start of a new year, and really that it's already 2011. It seems like yesterday I found out I was pregnant with Jackson and that was in 2008! This past year has been a good one for us. It is amazing how God works his plans out without us even knowing. When Jordan graduated college he started working in the first job he was offered. He wasn't happy there but I kept reminding him that he was there for a reason. Six months after he got his first job he was offered a job by the Searcy District Court as a misdemeanor probation clerk. He wasn't the actual probation officer but it gave him a chance to learn about court procedings and learn how to deal with people. After awhile he started to get a little bored with that job. Things went on for a few months and after about the millionth time of checking the Arkansas State job website he found a job as a felony parole officer. He applied, has one interview and found out he got the job. He has been working there for almost 4 months now and still loves every day.

As good as 2010 was, I have made a few goals for 2011!

My first goal is to be less Type A. I am very organized and I always want things clean and put away. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I tend to miss out on moments because of this. Jackson will only be this age once and I am reminded of that everytime I look at him and get surprised that I already have an 18 month old.

My second goal is get closer to God by reading my Bible more. Since I have been in school I don't like to read and so it's very hard for me to sit down every night and read the Bible. I want to make sure that I am spending time alone with God every day learning more about Him.

My third goal is not really to lose a certain amount of weight or to run every day but really just to get healthier. I need to start drinking more water and eating better. I also want to use some of Jackson's nap times to exercise a little.

These are things that I want to try to do more of, but if it doesn't happen every day I'm not going to worry. I am going to be finishing up my last semester of grad school and so I know my life will be hectic enough without having to worry about hadding three new things to my day.

In the end I just want to be surounded by family and friends with loving God that I can trust in and depend on.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips