Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Love of Fiesta

Ever since I was a teenager and my Mom started collecting Fiesta dishes, there was not a doubt in my mind of what dishes I wanted when I got older. When it came time to register for wedding gifts I opted to skip the formal dining wear and just go with Fiesta. There was shock and amazement by the sales staff when I told them that not only did I want to forego the formal, but I also wanted any color of Fiesta that people would buy for me. "But don't you have specific colors in your kitchen", I was asked? The answer was simply no! I think they all look lovely together.

Here are a few of my favorite combinations and pieces.

 
 

My favorite little juice pitcher
 

Fiesta baking dishes are wonderful, especially for informal entertaining
 
Another great thing about these dishes is that they can be fancy and practical all at the same time. You can also use certain colors around holidays to make it a little more festive.
 
Do you collect Fiesta? What colors?



2 comments:

  1. I don't collect it, but we had it growing up, too! Mom just had boring white, but I have known people who collected it and it's fun! Also neat that you can still pick it up and add to your collection after all these decades!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I too collect Fiesta. All colors. All of my Fiesta is new except for one bowl, an orange Fiesta bowl from the 70's...it was our "bean bowl" when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips