Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sleeping in a Tent

This past weekend we took Jackson on his 2nd ever camping trip, but it was his first to sleep in a tent.
Every year my family goes on a hunting/camping/fishing trip. I have been every year since I was about five years old. I have such good memories of that trip and hanging out with all my uncles and cousins.

Last year Jackson went but slept in the motor home. It was pretty difficult because the weather was so warm and it was hard to get him to nap and get used to being in different surroundings. This year he was so much fun. He liked to hang out with the big kids as much as possible, and he even had fun going out on the boat.

He slept in the tent with us and actually slept pretty good. I got him to take a nap in the motor home, but by Saturday afternoon he was so tired he probably would have slept anywhere.


My sweet boy and his cousins




Helping carry firewood that he eventually through in the lake


Such a dirty boy



Even rugged little boys need their babies and blankets every now and then



My nephew Harrison with the snake he caught



Everyone looking at the poisonous snake that Jordan killed

Jackson did so good on the trip. He was pretty good about staying away from the fire, and that made me feel so much better. I can't wait to get to do more things like that in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips