Friday, March 2, 2012

19 Weeks

I'm now at 19 weeks in the pregnancy. I have been so bad about taking pictures this time around, but here they all are so far.

8 weeks



16 Weeks



And finally at 19 weeks!


I'm a little nervous that I'm already pretty big. 21 weeks is a long time to go with a growing baby inside. I'm thinking I'm going to be really big. I just hope that the baby is a little smaller than Jackson was!

I'm feeling pretty good. I am definitely less tired than I was in the first trimester, but I haven't felt a burst of energy or anything. I still try to catch a nap during the day if possible. 

I have also felt her move for the first time in the last two weeks. It's been really sporadic, but tonight I can really feel it and I even felt her kick through my stomach with my hand. I hope Jordan can feel it before too long!

When I was pregnant with Jackson I started having contractions very early on. I would have thought they were Braxton Hicks, but they would come every 3-5 minutes for hours. I was never treated for preterm labor even though I was in the hospital several times, and Jackson was born right at 40 weeks on his due date. So I'm not so nervous about this pregnancy, but all those symptoms were very annoying. Unfortunately I've already had a few things like that happen with this one, but it's only when I walk a lot. I'm just going to try to manage this time and pray it doesn't happen any more!

So far I've gained about 8 lbs. I definitely have way more of an appetite now and I know I'm not exactly making smart choices about what I eat. I'm trying to balance it all by spending some time on the elliptical at the gym a few times a week. I have also started stretching, which I think is helping with the hip pain I have been having.

I haven't really started shopping yet. Since we're in the process of selling our house and buying a new one (more on that next week), I don't want to start collecting too much stuff yet. I'm very excited to get in our new house and start decorating the kids' rooms. 


I hope you have a great weekend! We're planning on getting out and enjoying the weather.

1 comment:

  1. Many congrats, loved reading your story and look forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips