Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Weekend

Long time no blog! In the past two weeks we've been moving out of our old house and into the new one. We finally got out Internet back a few days ago and I have lots of updating to do. I am definitely planning on doing a post about our new house with lots of pictures. I also need to do a pregnancy update because its been about 6 weeks since the last one.

First I'll start with Easter. This was a big weekend for us and we spent two days with lots of family.Saturday we dyed Easter eggs. Instead of getting a dye kit I decided to use Kool-Aid this year.
I have to say this turned our so much better than those dye kids every did and all I had to do is add 1 cup of water.




I was pretty happy with how bright they turned out.

Our first Easter celebration / my Brother-in-law's birthday happened on Saturday with smoked pork and ribs. My brother also came into town to be with family. The little kids did an Easter egg hunt and got really dirty.

Oh and ate lots of chocolate




Sunday morning we woke up and gave Jack his Easter basket. He also did a little egg hunt around the living room.



We had our traditional Sunday chocolate gravy and then headed off to church. We actually got a pretty good family picture too!

After church we went to Jordan's parents house to their family gathering. After some good food it was time for the boys to hunt eggs yet again. Between two school parties and three family functions I think we're pretty set on eggs for awhile.



Sweet Cousins!

After the egg hunt the boys went to the pond to fish. I think Jackson caught seven fish that day. We might have a little fisherman on our hands.



We had such a great weekend. The best part was getting to celebrate the true meaning of Easter. Jesus was crucified on the cross but rose again on the third day. This is the reason why we are able to celebrate the freedom we have in Jesus Christ. I hope you all had a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips