Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Our New House


As promised, I'm finally doing a post on our new house. We moved in the first week of April and more than a month later we're finally done unpacking, decorating and finished up immediate projects. I really wish I had taken more before pictures. I had planned on doing that but then it got pretty crazy the weekend we moved and I didn't have time to take any pictures. I might get a few next week from someone and so I'll post those when I do.


Here is one before picture of the outside of the house


And here are a few afters... we painted the door and columns and also fixed the flower beds



Our backyard







Here are a few pictures of the kitchen. It had a laminate surface on the counter tops and back splash. With a ton of help from my in-laws we (They) tiled both and my Father-in-law was so patient to even let me design a custom job.


That dish shelf on the wall came from Jordan's grandparents and my Sister refinished it.



I love my mosaic tile


Our eating area



The living room, complete with a new mantle that my Brother-in-law built




This room was meant to be a dining room, but we turned it into an office/playroom. My Brother-in-law custom built the bookshelves for us...he's kind of awesome!



This is Jackson's new big boy room. Since he was still sleeping in his crib when we moved out of our old house, we thought it would be a great time to transition to a big boy bed. So far he is doing great! His room is a general Disney theme with mostly Mickey Mouse, Toy Story and Cars things.



Jackson and Ava's bathroom. I really didn't like any of the kid themed bathroom ideas, and since it is our primary "guest" bathroom I wanted to have it a little more sophistication. We replaced the counter top in here too with a solid surface.



This room might be my favorite. As you can tell, it's Ava's room. My Sister-in-law painted that awesome tree. I made the curtains and pillows and my Mother-in-law got her bedding. We also took some of the extra fabric and made "flowers" for the tree



My sister painted this cute owl painting :-)




Our master bedroom. There are still a few things I want to do in here, but it's coming along. My sister refinished two night stands for us. I love that they don't match but have the same finish on them.



This is our bathroom. I haven't done anything in here but hang a picture on the wall and throw a rug on the floor. This is our next project, and I'm hoping a new counter top is in the future.


That's our house! We love being here. I was fortunate enough to get to do most of the things I wanted to do within a month of moving in. We still have a list of things we'd like to do, like tiling the floor in the kitchen and bathrooms and then replacing all the carpet with hardwood (some day). I think this will be a great house for us for a lot of years. 
We are also so blessed to have such great family, without them it wouldn't look near as good as it looks. I keep telling them they need to be less handy if they don't want to get called to help us do things :-)

I hope you like it! Check back next week and I'll try to post a few before pictures if I can get them from the realtor that sold us the house. They were much better at taking pictures than I was :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips