Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Day at the Zoo

I have to admit, I don't quite remember the last time I went the zoo. I know I had to be under 8 or 10 years old. This means that Jackson has never been either. Last Friday both Jordan and I were off so we decided to head to Little Rock for the day to see the animals. Jackson isn't really into animals like he is trucks and trains, so I didn't really expect him to freak out over them or anything but I knew he would be interested.  

First, we saw all the primates. Jackson thought the Momma and baby playing together was really funny.



One of his most favorite things is the snakes. He's a little obsessed right now ever since he saw a snake outside our house and ran to tell us. I was so proud of him!

He insisted that these were crocodiles not alligators as Jordan was trying to tell him

His favorite thing of all was the penguins. Ever since he was little he loved the movie Happy Feet. I don't know if he associated the two, but we had a hard time getting him to leave the penguin area.


This giraffe kept licking the wall




After the Zoo we went to a really neat restaurant called All Aboard. When you walk in they take your order at the counter and you pick a table. When it's ready in the kitchen, they put it on a train that rolls above all the tables and it drops it at your table. Jackson may not have freaked out at the zoo but he did at the restaurant. He loved watching the trains go around dropping off people's food. I think he was also just excited to get in out of heat.


We had a great day. I'm hoping we can go to the Museum of Discovery one more time before Ava gets here. I'm trying to make the most of our last summer as a family of 3!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips