Thursday, June 14, 2012

33 Weeks

Last Saturday I was 33 weeks pregnant, which means by now I'm almost 34 weeks. The days just seem to be flying by and my stomach seems to be growing by the hour.


 
 
I'm not quite as comfortable as I was a few weeks ago, but still not near as bad as I was with Jackson. It really doesn't have anything to do with the heat either because I'm really enjoying the warm weather. I think it's just that my belly is bigger and it's much harder for me to sleep. I probably wake up at least every hour or two to go to the bathroom or change positions. Interestingly enough, it doesn't really effect how I feel the next day. It's funny how I've gotten used to not having as much sleep this time around. Having Jackson was a huge shock to our system, but I think with Ava we will be a little more prepared in the sleep department.
 
With Jack I had already been in the hospital several times up to this point, but with Ava it's been very different and I've only been in the hospital once. I'm still having some of the same problems but I'm not too worried about them this time. I have already made some progress unfortunately, but I'm just going to take it easy and see what happens. My doctor is out of town all next week and it would upset all of us if someone else had to deliver me, especially since I work there part time :-)
 
So far I've only gained 24 lbs. (keeping up with Jackson is keeping my weight down I think), and I'm hoping to not gain too much more in the last few weeks. I really want to work hard to get the weight off, plus some, after she gets here.
 
Yesterday I spent the afternoon organizing her drawers and her closet. I was finally able to see how many of each size clothes we have and what we might still need to buy. We were incredibly blessed with a great shower a few weeks ago, and our church is going to have a shower for us in a few weeks.
 
I can't believe I could be having her anytime in the next 2-6 weeks. On one hand I feel completely unprepared. We have an unbelievably easy 2, almost 3 year old. Yes, he's trying at times, but he is so great and so much fun. I know it's going to be really hard to go back to the baby stage with breast pumps, bottles and all the other things that come along with having a newborn. On the other hand I feel like we have a better idea of what things will be like this time around. I like to think I know more about what to do in those first few days of constant sleeping and crying than I did with Jackson. I know she will probably be totally different and turn our world upside down again, but that's ok with me!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips