Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Summer is here + Family Reunion


I know y'all have heard me say it before, but I LOVE summer. This wonderful season and I have a great relationship. I love the pool, playing outside, and you definitely won't catch me complaining about the hot weather. This weekend was the official kick off to all of this with Memorial Day parties and our family reunion.
Saturday was our annual family reunion for my Dad's side of the family. This is one of my favorite times of the year. This year my cousin hosted at same house where my grandparents lived until they passed away. He has since bought the property and remodeled/added on to the house. Even though I never got to meet my grandparents, it was really special to be out on the farm where my Dad and uncles grew up.

My cousin taught Jackson how to draw water up from the old well. This was here when my Dad was a little boy.

Emma got to sleep on my aunt.


Ava played with all her girl cousins and got really filthy. This brought back memories of me going to the reunions as a little girl.


Sunday we went to Jordan's parents and played in the pool. Ava was scared of the water at first but by the end of the night she was jumping in. This was probably the easiest time we have had at the pool since we had kids. Jackson is now old enough to play with the big kids, Ava is so much more self sufficient and Emma is the easiest baby to take places.





Monday was another full day that ended with a night at our friends' house. It was our family of five, their family of five and another family of seven. That's right, eleven kids and only six adults. All of our kids get along really well and they all had a great time. Amanda is a great host and thinks of everything needed to have a great party.
Displaying 038.JPG


I'm so happy it is finally warm enough to swim and play outside. We are still in school mode since we are finally all home every day of the week. I think we'll keep working on things through the summer to get ready to start Kindergarten in the fall.

How did you kick off your summer? 




2 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for the sweet comments friend!!! We enjoyed having you guys over! Sounds like you had a weekend packed with food, fun, and fellowship!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love family reunions. Unfortunately we don't have many of them anymore.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips