Friday, June 20, 2014

Mutiny Against Excess Week 3


I am on my third week of our mutiny against excess. I thought that I was going to be moving out of the kitchen an into our closets, but I decided to hang around the kitchen one more week and clean out the cabinets. This is something that I really don't like doing at the time, but it is so worth it in the end.

My cabinets were getting to the point of overloaded very fast. Since I don't have a pantry, all of our food is kept in one section of our cabinets. I had boxes with one packet of oatmeal in them, cereal boxes with only a little cereal left in the bottom, and baby bottles we will never use. I really wish I had taken a picture of the pile of empty boxes and condiment packages that I cleared out of my cabinets and drawers. Here are a few before and afters though















I got rid of a few baking dishes and storage containers that  we never use. I also used some bins to organize water bottles and other things that were falling out on us. It felt good to have my cabinets organized, clutter free and vacuumed out.

Next week I'm camping out in the girls' closet. I'm a little bit afraid to venture into that, but I'm know I'll feel a lot better when it's done.

2 comments:

  1. April is going to be my "clean everything out" month. I can't wait!!! I actually love doing a good purge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good purging month. It seems so intimidating to start, but it is so worth it in the end.

      Delete

 
Blogging tips