Saturday, August 2, 2014

Mutiny Against Excess Weeks 6, 7 and 8ish

I'm very behind on my blogging through the book Seven by Jen Hatmaker. I have been steadily decluttering things in my house though. There is so much more to her book besides decluttering, but I wanted to start in that area first. 

Mostly I have just been going through drawers, cabinets and small closets. The small roll top desk (ie place for all the junk that didn't have a home) got cleaned out as well as the coat closet. I also organized the kids bookshelves and school area.

One thing I'm considering doing is putting away some of Jackson's toys until this winter. He tends to go through cycles where he only plays with certain toys. Right now, he is mostly playing with legos. He loves to sit and build cars, plains and spaceships with the tiny legos. His imagination amazes me. He has several playsets of imaginext things. Between the batcave, castle and ship it takes up a lot of space. I am considering putting these in the attic until it gets cooler and we are playing inside more. I'm hoping he will get excited to play with them again since he hasn't seen them in awhile.

Do you put some of your kids toys away for certain periods of time? 


4 comments:

  1. I have put my kids toys away when they were tired of them, and they have been so excited when I brought them back out. I need to do it more now! And I need to organize toys better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see how they react when I get them back out. It will be like Christmas all over again!

      Delete
  2. We just started putting away toys for another time at the end of December. One thing we found is that once we put toys away, it was easier (sometimes) to just give them away rather than pull them out again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I'm hoping for. It is hard for me to get rid of toys sometimes, but I think this might make it easier.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips