Sunday, November 9, 2014

October


Hello again! It's been quite awhile since I've even opened my blog. Sometimes I just get disinterested, but for the past 6 weeks or so I've just felt pretty bad. I probably have better than most pregnancies, but when I'm right in the middle of feeling very nauseous, tired and having three kids + a husband who need me, I don't feel like it's very easy. My wonderful husband has been A. MAZING the 2 months. He has reassured me that the house doesn't have to be clean when he gets home, dinner doesn't always have to be made and he picks up the slack so much. I am very, very thankful for that.
I am starting to feel better though. I'm not sure that our empty refrigerator and piles of laundry waiting to be folded reflect that, but I am. I feel like doing things with the kids again and maybe even doing some blogging. (There will probably still be laundry piled up). It's pretty amazing the amount of laundry three kids five and under can go through. 

I did want to go back and blog about a few fun things we did in October. One of the first things we did was our annual camping trip. This started over thirty years ago with my Dad and his brothers. It used to be a squirrel hunt. I remember doing that every year growing up. It was an awesome tradition. The most fun part was counting up the number of people who were there and seeing everyone sit around the fire and talk. My uncle Ben always brought his four-wheelers, my Dad would take me out to hunt--and he always brought a pocket-full of mini Snickers bars. 

Over time the hunt has evolved into a much smaller fishing trip. None of my cousins have really wanted to continue the tradition lately, so my Dad, siblings, their kids and us all go for a weekend fishing/camping trip. This year we went up on the Little Red River in Heber Springs. We are now a large family of kayaks, so that makes it really fun. 

Isn't that awesome?





We had such a great time. I got to paddle around the river ALONE :-) which is something I rarely get to do these days. I'm glad we have family that still makes time to be together and do things like this.



The other thing I wanted to blog about was Halloween. This year we had Olaf, Elsa and Anna.....SURPRISE! I'm pretty sure everyone went as Elsa this year. I hadn't planned on doing that, but Jackson wanted to be Olaf, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to be themed.



We had fun eating with family and walking around the neighborhood Trick or Treating. Ava really got into it this year.


October was a fun month and we got to make so many memories with the kids.

In other news....

Baby 'M' is growing great at 12 weeks!

Hopefully I'll be posting more regularly. I'm excited to get into the holiday season and spend more time with family!


1 comment:

  1. Your kiddos are so cute in their Hallowe'en costumes. And yay and double yay for supportive husbands. Our family life would fall apart if Dave wasn't so supportive when I'm sick.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips