Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hot Hot Hot


Well, in case anybody hasn't notice yet, it is HOT outside! What makes it even worse it being pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I would much rather it be hot than cold and I love summer, but if I had any longer to go I don't think we could afford the electricity bill! I do feel sorry for Jordan because he freezes at night while I am still burning up. But being the wonderful guy that he is, he just pulls the covers up over his head and tries to stay warm!
I officially have 2 1/2 more weeks left to be pregnant, but the doctor thinks that it will happen sometime in the next week. I was really praying for the 30th of June, which is today, but it doesn't look like that will happen unless He provides a miracle. I am contracting a lot, and they do hurt a lot, but as of yesterday I was only dilated to 1 and 50% effaced. I don't think it would be so bad if 3 friends that I know, 2 of them due the same day I was, have already had their babies. Wonderful, healthy baby boys that came just a few weeks early! I am getting a little jealous, but I know that God will give him to us when he is ready. I am also really looking forward to the 4th of July. I think it would be really neat for him to be born on the 4th. As it's looking right now, there is a good chance that might happen. Jordan thought that would be great, he also thought it would be nice for him to be born on his birthday, which is the 24th. That would me being a week late, so as nice as that would be, I'm not really hoping that will happen.

This is me at 34 weeks
I am much bigger than that now, being almost 38 weeks. I didn't get any stretch marks until about a week ago. They aren't too bad, but I have been moistuizing them up with cocoa butter! I still have to get Jordan to take another picture of me. I keep forgetting, but I really want one because I know that it could be my very last pregnancy photo.
We have gone swimming a lot in the past few weeks. It makes me feel weightless, which when you gain 37 lbs in just a few months, you need to feel weightless every now and then :-) What is amazing is when I step out of the pool and I feel all the weight being put back on me again. I can really tell that I have gained a lot! Luckily, most of it is in my belly and the two ever-growing things above my stomach :-) Ha ha, well I guess that is to be expected. If Jackson doesn't arrive by the 4th we are planning on heading out to Jordan's grandparents to their pool and have a pool party. Instead of grilling hotdogs and hamburgers, we are going to have mexican food! So instead of the 4th of July, we are doing to have Quatro de Julio! I am excited, but honestly, I would much rather be having a baby during all that.
So anyway, I hope everyone has a great holiday and maybe the next time I post it will be with Jackson sitting cuddled up in my lap!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips