Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Our Little Man is Here!



On Saturday July 18th I woke up at 2 in the morning thinking I was having gas pains or something. When I finally woke up I realized that it was contractions, and these felt a lot different than any that I had ever had.



Well, let me back up to Thursday. I went to the doctor w contractions, and the baby looked good, but since I was almost to my due date he wanted to check me. He said that I was 1-2 cm. dilated and 40% effaced. I was pretty discouraged because I hadn't had very much change in the last 3 weeks. Friday rolled around, and this was one of my due dates. I say that I had 2 due dates because ultrasound date was the 18th, and based on my cycle it was the 17th. My best friend was coming back into town and so I sat around all day and then I went to see her at her parents house that evening. I was having some pain, but nothing out of the ordinary. I was really hoping to have the baby before she had to leave on Sunday so that she could see him. I left there and came home and went to bed.



So again, it's 2 a.m. on Saturday and I wake up having contractions. I really had a feeling this was it, but they weren't unbearable so we stayed at home. I layed on my left side to try to feel him move, and after 1 1/2 hours I didn't feel him. So at 4:30 in the morning we headed up to labor and delivery. They hooked me up to the monitor and checked me and I was at a 3. The contractions were getting pretty bad, but I was still ok, and an hour later they came back to check me and I hadn't changed any. The baby looked ok on the monitand got put on the monitor like I have done every week for several weeks now. I had a feor, but I was still a little concerned because with every contraction I had his heart rate seemed to flutter a lot and the alarm went off. The nurse said that everything was fine and that they were going to send me home for now. We got home at 6:30 a.m. and my contractions were pretty hard. I couldn't go to sleep so we walked and then came back in and sat down. Around 8 I texted Dr. Burns to tell him I had been there to the hospital and he told me to just drink fluids and rest as much as I could. At noon I still wasn't feeling him move, so I called Dr. Burns and he said I should go back to the hospital. At 12:30 p.m. we got there and they checked me and I was at a 4 and 75% effaced. They decided to keep me!!! At 3:30 that afternoon I was at a 5 and got my epidural. The next couple of hours seemed to fly by. I couldn't really feel anything, and I was able to rest some. I had lots of visitors to keep us company. Dr. Burns came in about 7:00 and broke my water. At 8:30 p.m. they checked me and I was fully dilated and it was time to push. The next hour went my pretty quick. I pushed every contraction for an hour, and at 9:44 p.m. on July 18th Jackson was born!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips