Friday, June 25, 2010

We Are Mobile Now

Since I haven't updated in awhile, I'm sure this will be a pretty long post. First we'll start with gradation. On May 8th I graduated with my bachelors degree from UCA. Less than 1 month later I started graduate school at UCA for Family and Consumer Science. I am not necessarily enjoying the classes, but I am happy to be doing it and getting it over with. 

After that, Jackson turned 10 months old on May 18th. He started crawling (Finally) right around that time. He took forever, and we really never thought he was going to do it. At first he fussed and really didn't like crawling. After he got a little better at it, he doesn't fuss as much and is going all over the house. He started to pull up on things before he ever started to crawl, but he is pulling up on anything and everything now and walking around the ottoman and couch. It's so funny to watch him because he is so proud of himself. He also has 6 teeth in now, and I can say he looks much different with teeth. 

I really can't believe how fast time goes. It seems like I should still be pregnant (although if I was I might have killed someone by now). Jackson was pretty slow to hit milestones, but since he started crawling he is becoming a little dare-devil. He thinks it's so funny when he can stand up to something and then let go, balancing himself. We want to have another one in a year or so, but right now we're just holding off and enjoying Jackson. I want him to be a bit older before he gets a little brother (or sister :-) 
I have been able to be home with him most of the summer other than the 10 hours per week I work. I am doing all my classes online, and I manage to keep up with them pretty good. I love being home with him everyday, watching him grow and change. I am so thankful to be able to do that instead of having a full-time job. 

We have so much coming up for this summer. In about a week we are going on vacation. We were supposed to go to Gulf Shores, AL, but because of the oil spill the beach is closed. We are now headed down to Boynton Beach, FL. It is a long 20 hour trip, but we are really excited and can't wait to take our first vacation with Jackson. His first birthday is also coming up the weekend after we get back. We are having a small party of family. Well, it's actually going to be somewhere around 40-50 people but hey, we have a big family! I am so excited to start planning that! I will post some pictures and video soon of everything we have been doing. But, for now, I will just show you Jackson's party invitation that I created.


 I hope all of you have a blessed week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips