Friday, May 20, 2011

Fat Off Friday Week 1



I'm really excited because today is the first Fat Off Friday! I'm using this as a way to keep me encouraged and accountable, and I hope you will do the same. 

First off, I am not going on some crazy diet plan. I am just trying to eat healthier and lighter, as well as exercise during the week. I didn't really even try to set a goal of walking or running each day starting out, because I know that isn't realistic for me. If any of you know me, you know that I HATE exercise. It's not that I'm a couch potato, it's just that I am usually so busy running around with Jackson and working in the yard, that I prefer not to go running down the road. I actually feel pretty stupid just taking off out of my driveway on a run. I don't think I look like one of those people who just looks good running.

Oh well, enough about that. Here were a few of my goals this week:
  • Eat breakfast everyday and include fruit (passed)
  • Walk/ride bike 2 times per week (passed)
  • Crunches/leg lifts every day (failed)
  • Water and tea only (passed)
  • Eat till satisfied, not stuffed (passed)
  • Drink 1 glass of milk per day (failed)
I lost a total of 1 lb and 2 inches from various places around my body that won't be mentioned :-)

I didn't do as well as I wanted to with my exercise or milk drinking, but overall I feel pretty good about what I did. I also downloaded an app on my phone called MyFitnessPal. It lets you put in your goals, keep track of what you eat, how much you exercised and your daily calorie total. It has a huge database of food, even stuff from restaurants and fast food places. I must admit I was shocked to learn there were 300 calories in a McDonald's breakfast burrito. I probably won't be having that for breakfast again! I plan on updating my goals every week/2 weeks. I would also like to make it a goal to run a 5K maybe. We shall see.

I am happy with Week 1.
If you want to play along, you can start blogging about your weight loss challenge and post the blog address as a comment. (I might start using a linky tool later if we get enough interest)
You can make the post very personal (posting weight and measurements) or not very by just posting some of your goals and how you are sticking to them. I thought it would be a fun way to encourage each other to get healthier and starting having a better life!

Good Luck!





1 comment:

  1. I just posted on my blog! That was hard, but I know it'll get easier every week! Thanks for the motivation!

    http://derekandnicki.blogspot.com/2011/05/fat-off-fridays.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips