Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Last Week

The last week has been a little crazy around here. We have been looking at houses to buy for about 3 weeks now. At the end of last week, we found one we wanted and decided to put our house on the market. There were still a few minor projects we needed to get done around here before we could do that. 

We started working Friday night, and my wonderful Mother-in-law helped me repaint our bathroom. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I chose chocolate brown for our small bathroom, but the tan is so much better!


We also needed to replace some old carpet, but we decided it would be cheaper to buy laminate wood floor and do it ourselves. In between all that, the realtor called and said she had lined up a showing already. Our house wasn't even officially on the market and she had already found someone to see it. We worked really hard Saturday and Sunday getting everything just perfect.

So far, we haven't had any offers on our house yet, but it has been shown a few times. Also, the house we wanted originally got taken off the market. We have found another house that is huge and perfect for us. At this point we're just praying and see if this is the direction God wants to take us. 

I think either way I would be fine. I'm so glad we got the last remaining projects done to our house and now I feel like we can finally relax and enjoy it. 

In between all this, Jackson had 2 Valentines parties to get ready for. He goes to two different Mother's Day Out programs, and had parties on Friday of last week and Tuesday of this week. I decided to make little Valentine treat bags with Play-dough, stickers and rice crispy treats in them.




I did the same thing for his other party, but I melted white almond bark, turned it pink and dipped the rice crispy treats in that. Those were SO good!

Jackson didn't really have an understanding of Valentines Day, and we don't really acknowledge it much around here. We went out to eat last week for our V-day lunch and got each other small presents. Having boys and doing V-day isn't quite the same as having girls I think. Maybe next year Jordan will have a little girl to buy Valentines presents for.

After a hectic weekend it's nice to have a nice quiet weekend to look forward too. I'm so thankful we're done with projects for awhile.
I'll keep you updated on the house situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips