Monday, April 1, 2013

Coffee Table Redo

I've been on a furniture redo-ing kick for the last month. I love finding pieces of furniture (that have seen better days) and making them into something new and modern. A few weeks ago I finished my dining room table. I was so excited with how it turned out.

I have been looking for an oval coffee table for a few months now. We had an ottoman that took up a lot of space in our living room, and I wanted something a little smaller. I was hoping for an oval table because I didn't want any sharp edges around while Ava is learning to walk. I also love how different these tables look. My sister was able to find a solid maple table for $25 for me.

I forgot to take a before picture, but my husband said he thought it was the ugliest coffee table he had ever seen. It was in great shape, it just looked like it jumped right out of 1978. I couldn't wait to get started and make it into something that would fit our living room perfectly.

I wanted to try to paint it a fun color, but I couldn't decided. I never really felt like any color would go well with everything we have in our living room, so...

This is what I came up with. I decided to re-stain the top in the same dark walnut that I used on my dining room table. I painted the bottom white, sanded it to scuff it up a bit and then rubbed stain over the top of it to give it a shabby look. I thought I might change the hardware, but after I was finished I thought the old stuff looked great!

I was really happy with how this project turned out, and it only took me 1 night to complete it.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! You did that in one night! I'm impressed. I have some furniture you could work on here when you have some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! Good job!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips